CUPE Local 1978 has between 1,400 and 2,000 members depending on the time of year and represents four bargaining units:
- Capital Regional District
- Vancouver Island Health Authority (Health Science Professionals at Island Health)
- West Shore Parks and Recreation Society
- Greater Victoria Housing Society
Members work all across the Gulf Islands and the southern end of Vancouver Island.
Bargaining at West Shore Parks and Recreation and the Greater Victoria Housing Society
The contracts (collective agreements) for both West Shore and GVHS expire at the end of this year. We are currently developing proposals for West Shore, and have the bargaining election meeting for GVHS on October 25.
General Membership Meeting, November 22, 2023
Our next General Membership membership meeting will be held via Zoom on Wednesday, November 22, starting at 5:30 PM. Please see the Meetings page for details.
Annual Holiday Party and Casino Night
Saturday, November 18, 2023, doors open at 5 PM, Da Vinci Centre, 195 Bay Street, Victoria.
- Tickets $12 each available through Eventbrite
- Syrian Catering for dinner, snacks through out the night, then late night pizza. Dinner at 6:00 PM
- Cash bar open at 5:00 PM
- Casino Royale – Poker, Blackjack and Roulette 7:30-10:30 PM
- Dancing to DJ Mister Good Vibes
- Games and Prizes
For a chance to win one of 5 free tickets! Follow us on